The 2019 Southern Division – American Fisheries Society meeting will be held at the Moody Gardens Hotel and Conference Center on Galveston Island, Texas from January 24-27, 2019. Join over 500 fisheries professionals from the southeastern US and the Caribbean for four days of workshops, presentations, networking events, and fun.
The AFS Potomac Chapter is pleased to offer a travel award to assist attendance at this meeting. As the Southern Division successfully raised the funds necessary for the 2019 Meeting, the AFS Potomac Chapter was not requested to donate funds and is excited to reallocate those funds to this award.
1. Students will be given preference when granting this travel award.
2. The AFS Potomac Chapter prefers to support current Chapter members and/or people who intend to present on a topic related to the Potomac River watershed or Chesapeake Bay.
3. The award recipient must present a formal paper at the 2019 Southern Division Meeting.
4. The award recipient must submit a newsletter article related to their presentation topic. He/she will work with the AFS Potomac Chapter Newsletter Editor to determine a submission deadline for their article.
1. The completed application form must be submitted on or before the deadline November 30, 2018.
2. Award recipients will be notified via email by December 7, 2018.
1. The successful recipient of the travel award will be eligible for reimbursement of conference-related expenses up to $400.00 per award.
2. The following conditions apply to the award: the AFS Potomac Chapter will reimburse the award recipient conference-related expenses (up to $400), provided that expenses are reasonable. Expenses eligible for reimbursement include: airfare, transportation, lodging, meals and incidental expenses. The award recipient will provide copies of expense receipts to the AFS Potomac Chapter Treasurer after the conference has concluded and prior to receiving reimbursement.
Please contact Julie Defilippi Simpson, AFS Potomac Chapter President with any questions.