The Potomac Chapter of the American Fisheries Society intends to facilitate professional networking and increase awareness of local and national fisheries issues in the Washington, DC area.
- Improving the Society’s visibility to Congress, and to government and private agencies which administer aquatic resource programs;
- Providing a forum for the discussion, debate, and resolution of regional aquatic resource problems and issues;
- Providing a focal point through which Federal, State, and private aquatic resource agencies might promote cooperation, understanding, and professionalism;
- Providing a forum for the dissemination of fishery knowledge to fellow workers, national leaders, and other interested groups;
- Increasing the American Fisheries Society’s contribution to the local, state and national decision-making process; and
- Expanding educational and on-the-job training opportunities for American Fisheries Society members.