2020 AFS Call for Awards
Do you have a colleague who deserves recognition? This is your chance to recognize your colleagues and collaborators for their achievements in fisheries. AFS divisions, sections, and chapters are encouraged to nominate deserving members!
- Award of Excellence
- Carl R. Sullivan Fishery Conservation Award
- Distinguished Service Award
- Emerging Leaders Mentorship Award
- Emmeline Moore Prize
- Equal Opportunities Section Travel Award
- Excellence in Fisheries Education Award (administered by the Education Section)
- Excellence in Public Outreach (administered by the Education Section)
- Fellows Program
- J. Francis Allen Scholarship Award (administered by the Equal Opportunities Section)
- John E. Skinner Memorial Fund (administered by the Education Section)
- Meritorious Service Award
- Outstanding Chapter & Student Subunit Awards
- President’s Fishery Conservation Award
- Stanley A. Moberly Award for Outstanding Contributions in Fish Habitat Conservation
- Writing Contest (administered by the Education Section)
- William E. Ricker Resource Conservation Award
The 2020 Awards nomination deadline is March 16, 2020. Awards will be presented during the 150th Annual Meeting in Columbus, Ohio this fall. Please contact Lauren Maza, Director of Student and Professional Development, at [email protected] with any questions about the nomination process.
The Awards Committee is dedicated to the AFS goal of increasing diversity and inclusion within our Society. As part of this effort, we highly encourage nominations for individuals from historically underrepresented groups in the fisheries field.